- Brad Biggs at the Chicago Tribune passes along the fact that the Bears ended the season tied for the top spot in the NFC in special teams in the ratings system popularized by Dallas Morning News writer Rick Gosselin.
The Bears were only fourth overall in large part because they ranked last in gross punting at 40.1 yards. Punter Brad Maynard has not been offered a contract and there is speculation that the Bears may be moving on without him.
- Kevin Seifert, ESPN’s NFC North blogger, writes about how the Steeler’s tried to take advantage of the Packers run defense on the left side. This was fascinating.
- Con man Michael Vick will be appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Joseph Person at the Charlotte Observer writes about how defensive end Da’Quan Bowers‘ recent knee surgery will affect the draft.
- NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan inexplicably thinks that the Cowboys might have to look at the best quarterback available at the number 9 spot in the draft. Via the Dallas Morning News.
- Todd McShay and Mel Kiper break down the quarterbacks in this draft.
One Final Thought
For those who think the Bears should try to acquire Albert Haynesworth we have this. According to the Associated Press a waitress claims that the Washington Redskins defensive lineman sexually abused her at a restaurant.
Upon tweeting the news, former Bear and current Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels speaks for all of us: “Man does it ever end.”.